Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm a grandma - it's a girl!

It finally happened. This baby really seemed to not want to enter this world, apparently fought it every step of the way! First she made us all wait 8 days after her due date, and that felt like a long 8 days to me, much longer for Jen. Then, finally I got word at 3:30 am Sunday that Jen had gone into labour. So I fairly reasonably thought that by that evening, I'd be able to call myself a grandma. But not so, labour went on and on.....and on. Until finally on Monday at 2pm, after more than 36 hours of labour, that baby had to be fetched out by c-section. So it was a very very long wait. But worth it, we have a pretty little baby girl named Elizabeth Heather, 8 lb 4 oz. And all is well. I've talked to both Anthony and Jen on the phone from the cyber (where I had to explain to the guy why the sudden flurry of phone calls, and he's entered right into it all, asking how they all are, getting me a chair so I can sit while I talk - how old does he think I am anyway!!) They are fine, Jen is very tired of course, but doing fine. And now the distance is feeling real, how I wish I could go and see my new granddaughter, and feel her little downy head, and give her a kiss. But for now I'm glad that there's such a thing as internet, and cybers, and Skype, and I'll see her one day.
Here are 2 photos from yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Grandma!

Bake Me A Cake! said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful little grandaughter! Best wishes to you and yours...