Saturday, February 2, 2008

a few more days

Only 4 more days before I leave this cold and snow for something completely different. It snowed yesterday, and I went for a walk in it, and as I trudged through the snow, I tried to think about what I would be feeling next Friday, and couldn't get my head around knowing that by then I'd be very hot, very sticky and no longer able to grasp the concept of cold!
I'm getting ready bit by bit for this great adventure, still not feeling that this is all real. My supplies are all bought (except for some more Muskol, hard to find on February 1st). A couple of bags are partially packed and I'm gradually learning all the new technology that has come into my life as a result of this move. There have been a couple of good-bye get-togethers with my friends, and tonight there is a big family gathering. And then it will be a matter of getting down to business and getting ready in earnest.

No comments: